NaturaLyte includes nutrient-dense sea salt, not the stripped down form of sodium typically included in supplements. While salt is often demonized, research shows that consumption of sea salt protects against hypertension and kidney damage as well as support immune system function.
Sodium is all the more important to consume if you’re engaged in regular high intensity training. It helps maintain fluid balance in the body, preventing dehydration, and regulates muscle function. Deficiencies of this essential mineral weaken muscles, decrease performance, and lead to cramping and spasms. REAL 100% Sea Salt is what you need for:
- Immune System: Sea salt and its many vitamins and minerals can prevent a deficiency common to athletes and those who train, enhancing the immune system and preventing sickness.
- Alkalinizing: Since it is not heated or chemically treated like stripped-down forms of sodium, sea salt can enhance alkalinity in the body enhancing nutrient absorption and enhancing health.
- Digestion: Sea salt can aid in the production of digestive juices, enhancing digestion and preventing stomach issues.
- Muscle Cramps and Spasms: Containing potassium and other minerals, sea salt can prevent muscle cramps and spasms.
- Blood Sugar: Sea Salt can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Dehydration: The minerals in sea salt help to prevent electrolyte imbalances from perspiration and water intake.
The most abundant mineral/electrolyte in the body, calcium is primarily known for its importance in regards to bone and teeth health. But that only begins to scratch the surface of this minerals effects in the body.
Calcium is also essential for muscle contraction, transmission of nerve impulses, and even blood clotting. If you’re deficient in calcium, your body will leech the required calcium from your bones, setting you on the path for brittle bones and osteoporosis.
Providing the counterpunch to sodium is potassium, the electrolyte that forms the other half of the electrical pump responsible for regulating electrolyte balance and neurotransmission. Much like sodium, potassium is lost is vast quantities during intense exercise, setting you up for increased fatigue and cramping. Consuming sufficient potassium ensures sustained performance, mental clarity, and carbohydrate metabolism.
The fourth most abundant mineral in the human body, magnesium plays a role in over 300 different processes in the body. Included in these 300+ reactions is the synthesis of DNA and RNA! In terms of athletic performance, magnesium maintains heart rate, stabilizes blood sugar, and regulates muscle function. It also supports bone and teeth formation and bolsters the immune system, further highlighting its importance to your health and well-being.
Coconut water is naturally rich in sodium and potassium as well as calcium and magnesium. In short, it’s an electrolyte powerhouse! Coconut water helps replenish depleted electrolyte stores in the body, maintaining proper fluid balance and preventing dehydration. Moreover, research shows the liquid can combat hypertension (high blood pressure) and lower cholesterol and triglycerides.[5,6]. Included for several potential benefits including:
- Electrolyte replenishment
- Lowered blood pressure(1)(2)
- Lower cholesterol and triglycerides(3)(4)